1. And the name of the University where the doctor conducted their studies and graduated in Plastic Surgery so as to………
2. Many procedures can be performed in a single operation, however it is essential to understand the risks associated with multiple surgeries, hours of anesthesia, and the limitations you will have in the post surgery recovery.
3. What can I do after the surgery following the guidelines of the doctor that will ensure the best results possible such as rest, avoiding stressful activities, avoiding sudden movements, using prescription medicine correctly, avoiding sunlight, wearing appropriate clothing, and following post surgery checkups.
4. What treatments do you need after the surgery. (i.e. lymph node drainage the fifth day after the surgery and a minimum of 10 sessions of message therapy, ultrasound, scar treatment therapy.
These complementary treatments faster recovery and improve outcome of the surgery, so it should schedule the time to do it.
5. When do you return to your normal daily activities. This depends on the type of surgery performed, the age of the patient. This recovery period will normally be between 7 to 15 days. It is important to plan around this, and remember, the final results can take up to 3 to 6 months.
6. Will I be ok? This is the most difficult question to answer. This is most important with regards to your perception and not the perception of others. Discuss your expectations with your doctor not the expectations of others. The doctor will be the most candid.
7. Do I need to stay in the hospital after surgery? This depends on the type of surgery. Outpatient surgery can be performed in the morning and, if the patient is ready, they can be released that afternoon. Some surgeries and patients require overnight(s) stay. It is recommended that the patient stay enough time in the hospital to avoid infections.
8. Do I need consultations prior to the operation? It is very important that the doctor and the patient consult regarding lab tests and all examinations necessary to perform the surgery. Special examinations are needed in the patient arrives from abroad. It is important to know that if the procedure poses and risk to the health ok the patient, ti will not be performed.
9. It is safe to have your procedure performed in a foreign country. It es a common practice for people to travel abroad to receive top quality procedures paying lest than they would in their own countries. If you are plannign to travel abroad for a procedure, do your homework. Research your phisician, hospital, clinic, etc.
10.If you decide to travel abroad for a procedure, check the certifications of the surgeon and that the doctor is fully licensed and in compliance with the laws of the country in wich the doctor operates.